Welcome to CultivatED Marketer …
In this 17th episode of CultivatED Marketer, hosts Brent Bowen and Matt Tidwell, PhD, chat about the upcoming episodes of the show. They cover what has been happening over the hiatus the show has taken, IABC World Conference where they will both be in attendance, and future guests they are hoping to get on the show.
CultivatED Marketer Ep. 17 — Next Phase
Brent and Matt talk about IABC World Conference and the future of the show.
- Brent and Matt talk about what they’ve been up to over the show’s hiatus, between Brent’s rapidly growing business (Sparkcade Marketing) and Matt handling record enrollment numbers in the master’s degree program that he runs.
- Matt then discusses the recent attendance of a local meeting of KC IABC post-pandemic, and getting to meet in person again.
- Brent recently joined the board of the Social Media Club of KC, helping resurrect some of those organizations as some of them have struggled over the last couple years through the pandemic.
- Matt notes how in-person events now mean having to remember to include travel time for any meetings or events.
- Brent and Matt discuss the KU Men’s Basketball team winning the 2022 National Championship.
- They talk about each of their experiences attending the National Championship game itself, and Brent’s son getting tickets to the game but ultimately not going.
IABC World Conference
- Both Brent and Matt are attending the IABC World Conference happening this week in New York.
- Brent discusses his speaking engagement at the conference around different types of podcast show structures.
- Brent also notes how excited he is to catch up with old colleagues and meet new colleagues from all over the world.
- Matt reminisces the last IABC World Conference in Vancouver and the excitement and level of energy at the conference itself.
Potential Future Guests
- Brent and Matt discuss the speakers list from the conference
- They list some colleagues that they are hoping to pull into future episodes, as well as new names of people they want to get on the show if they can find the time.
- They discuss the topics they are most interested to hear more about such as communication strategies with CEOs, the metaverse, DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility), and more.
- Matt also discusses another local KC guest that they are looking to have on their show to discuss younger professionals who want to move up to leadership roles.
- Brent also says how they are looking to include multicultural marketing and non-profit marketing tactics and techniques into future episodes as well.
- Matt says they are also looking to focus heavily on helping younger professionals just joining the field to help them gain the knowledge and experience of people that have been in the field for a long time.